The Oregon Chapter of the National Bar Association (OC-NBA) is Oregon’s Black bar association. Throughout the year we offer a variety of opportunities to help our members connect with one another. We do this separately and collaboratively with other bar organizations. Please check our events for upcoming socials, CLEs, and other events.
The objectives of the OC-NBA are to:
- Advance the Rule of Law to ensure access to justice;
- Uphold the honor and integrity of the legal profession;
- Preserve the independence of the judiciary;
- Promote professional and social engagement opportunities among Black lawyers, law students, members of the Bar, and the Oregon community; and
- Protect civil and political rights and seek to improve the social and economic condition of Black people and their allies.
 Definition of Rule of Law: https://worldjusticeproject.org/about-us/overview/what-rule-law.
 OC-NBA is using “Black” inclusively. This includes individuals who identify themselves as Black, African American, or individuals of African descent.
Board of Directors
Ekua A. Hackman, President
Shaina Pomerantz, Secretary
Garmai Gorlorwulu, Treasurer
Valerie Colas, Member-at-Large
Angela Addae, Member-at-Large
Hansary Laforest, Member-at-Large